Caldor was a discount department store chain founded in 1951 by husband and wife Carl and Dorothy Bennett. Referred to by many as the Bloomingdale's of discounting, Caldor grew from a second story "Walk-Up-&-Save" operation in Port Chester, NY into a regional retailing giant. Its stores were earning over $1 billion in sales by the time Mr. Bennett retired in 1985, by which time Caldor was a subsidiary of Associated Dry Goods.
Despite its successes, Caldor suffered from financial issues by the 1990's and the company was liquidated in early 1999.
This Gildan sweatshirt is sturdy and warm. A pre-shrunk, classic fit sweater that's made with air-jet spun yarn for a soft feel and reduced pilling.
• 50% cotton, 50% polyester
• Classic fit with no center crease
• 1x1 athletic rib knit collar with spandex
• Air-jet spun yarn with a soft feel and reduced pilling
• Double-needle stitched collar, shoulders, armholes, cuffs, and hem